GROW endeavors to provide the following unique advantages:
All types of fresh produce can be marketed through Grow. However, the following factors are considered in terms of marketing and distribution:
- Demand/supply and availability
- Full loads vs. half loads
- All transactions at our “Market Agency Businesses” are the same in that we are selling the produce of our producers on their behalf for a commission.
- These transactions vary from retailing of small volumes to selling pallet lots to bigger buyers.
- At Green Network we are also selling product on a commission basis but instead of having the product on the sales floor we are negotiating full loads between the producer and the buyer whereby the product moves direct from the farm to the buyer.
- Supply and demand will always determine the price of the day.
- In terms of Act 12 of 1992, we will report prices achieved to the producer daily.
- The agreed agents commission plus VAT and the 5% Market Commission plus Vat will then be deducted from the gross sales value to determine the nett return on each consignment.
- Any other deductions will have to be agreed upon between the agent and the producer.
- When doing a transaction through Green Network, the sales price and commission to be deducted will be agreed upon before every deal is concluded.
- Price is determined based on a few factors namely:
- Supply and demand.
- Quality of the product.
- Time of the month.
- Weather conditions.
- Our experienced and dedicated sales team will always aim to achieve the highest possible price for your product.
- Normally the producer arranges his own transport.
- The producer can ask the relevant salesman to assist in arranging transport.
- Transport is always for the account of the producer.
- We as agents can deduct the transport from the proceeds of the sale and pay transport on behalf of the producer, should the producer request us to do that.